The ruins of the Kamýk castle

The castle, founded before 1319 on the initiative of King John of Luxembourg, was used to control the Elbe Valley, on which it still offers an excellent view.

The ruins of the Kamýk castle

In the 16th century, the castle was rebuilt in the Renaissance style, and during the Thirty Years' War in 1632 it was pillaged by the Saxon army. A torso of a residential tower, which was surrounded by a ring of buildings and walls, has been preserved on a high rocky outcrop to this day.

More information about Kamýk Castle can be found in the Golden Trail of Castle Lands section.

Gallery

Map