Ruins of Kamýk Castle

Founded before 1319 at the instigation of King John of Luxembourg, the castle served to control the Elbe Valley, which still offers an excellent view today.

Ruins of Kamýk Castle

In the 16th century the castle was rebuilt in the Renaissance style and during the Thirty Years' War in 1632 it was devastated by the Saxon army. The torso of the residential tower, which was surrounded by a ring of buildings and walls, is still preserved on a high rock face.

More information about Kamýk Castle can be found in the Golden Trail of the Castle Lands section.