The jewel among the castles of North Bohemia is Ploskovice near Litoměřice. The chateau in Ploskovice was built in 1720-1730.
It was built by Anna Maria Franziska of Tuscany, the wife of the last descendant of the famous Italian Medici family. Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer was responsible for the reconstruction of the Ploskovice summer residence in the High Baroque style. At the beginning of the 19th century, the castle became the property of the Habsburgs and was mainly used as a summer residence by Emperor Ferdinand V. After the establishment of Czechoslovakia, the summer residence of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was established here. Edvard Beneš and his wife used to come here. We recommend a tour of Ploskovice Chateau with a walk in the garden with an artificial Baroque cave and fountain to every visitor to the Bohemian Central Highlands.
For the youngest visitors there is a tour exhibition of teddy bears - Bears at the Castle. The exhibition has been prepared by Mr. Grebler's family, mostly from their collection. The exhibition is inspired by the bear museum in Skagen, Denmark.
For more information about Ploskovice Castle, see the Golden Trail of Castle Lands.