The pavilion was built above the original branch of the Vltava in the years 1792–97. The author of the building is Matěj Hummel, who was inspired by a building in Prior Park in Bath, England, from the first half of the 18th century.
The pavilion in the Classicist style was built in memory of the Austrian General Gideon Ernst von Laudon, who stayed in the area with his army. At first glance, the large windows divided by Ionic columns and arched arches attract attention. The sides are decorated with two columned portals with triangular gables.